Sunday, May 28, 2017
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: none
Ingredients list for the crawfish, tomato and avocado salsa
- 2 bunches of cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/3 pound (150g) of cooked and peeled crawfish (shrimps are fine if you don’t have crawfish at hand)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small bunch of basil for garnish
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chili sauce
- 5 spices powder
- Coarse salt
1. Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut in halves or quarters, depending on their size.
2. Halve avocado and remove the pit. Score the avocado halves using a knife, cutting lines in both directions to make a grid. Be careful not to cut through the skin. Collect the flesh with a large spoon. You can also get the same results quicker and easier with an avocado slicer.
3. Chop the red onion.
4. Wash, drain and chop the basil leaves.
5. Divide all the ingredients and crawfish into individual serving bowls. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil.
6. Add the chili sauce and toss together. Sprinkle with coarse salt and 5 spices powder.